Saturday, May 06, 2006

Special Thanks to .... (Revised 5//10/06)

I'd like to extend a very special thank you to Mr. Shubert for installing 7 brand new flower boxes around the neighborhood. Mr. Bob Dean and Greg from the Township put up 4 ... THANK YOU!

Our good neighbors at Georgetown and Wellesley are working on installing a new post at the corner there thanks to Hasler Lumber on Blossomhill. We are ten down, and two to go.

A special thanks to Dave Hasler for helping me stain the flower boxes. He had an assembly line going and we finished in no time.

I also want to thank personally Pat Kraemer, her daughter, and Roxanne Engel for putting up with my indecisiveness. When I purchased the lettering for the memo board, I was very positive about my choice in style. Both Pat and Roxanne came to the rescue and painted the lettering. It was tedious and time consuming. When I put the lettering up this past week, I realized I made a terrible choice in style and replaced it with the letters on display now.

I owe a major apology to all three woman for their time and effort. I really appreciate that you stepped up to the plate to help me with this project. We will be using this unused lettering for a future project when we can find somebody to make us a nice wooden sign at the corner of View Place and Wellesley to hide the Bell box eyesore.

It is my hope that all the flower boxes will be ready by Mother's Day. If you have an empty flower box in front of your house, please call me at the number listed on the memo board. To the good neighbor who put the Lantana in the box at VP and Wellesely, when we put the new flower box on we will carefully transfer your flowers. Thank you whoever you are!

And I think Mrs. Rizzi and crew are working on the boxes at Blossomhill and Shelley. Thanks to all of you!

Hope to see you all at Hummer Park on Wednesday. I'm sure at least one of my kids will have something going on this evening like many of you... but I will try my best to be there. I know you will, too!

Donna on Deanview...

No comments: