Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hunting Laws in Finneytown

Greetings on this lovely Fall day. I am sharing this email below from a resident questioning the Finneytown (deer) hunting laws. You may be surprised at what the laws allow.

If any of you want to help the Finneytown Civic Association address this issue, please email or call me at 325--5202.

Joe Gorman, FCA President

> Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:51:23 -0700 (PDT)
>
> Hello,
>
> I was given your name from a friend. I have lived in Finneytown my entire life,
> and my family when they came from Italy they chose Finneytown because it
> reminded them of their homeland. I own property in Finneytown my home and 8
> acres of land near St. Xavier high school, this has been in my family since
> 1942. Needless to say I was recently shocked when my son went hiking with his
> brother and two friends and came upon hunters. they were hunting on my property.
> I contacted the police and today I found out it is legal to hunt within 1000
> feet of a structure in Finneytown! This means if an animal was shot and wondered
> onto my property or even yours the hunter will follow it and wait for it to
> die.
>
> So I am asking you to please address this issue ASAP!! The Springfield Township
> Police were also shocked, but it was affirmed by the police Chief. I am trying
> to get the word out so we can stop this and change the law. This is just a
> warning for all in Finneytown, this includes bow hunting (that is what they were
> doing on my property) and GUN hunting. Be careful!
>
>
> Sincerely
>
> Regina Shatzer

No comments: